Thursday 20 August 2015

Inky Fingers Again!

Welcome to the relaunch of Furry Tale Crafts!  I have had a long blogging break while adjusting to being "mummy" but it is time to get this show back on the road.

I made a batch of thank you cards recently to give to the volunteers who run the crèche while us mums meet together to study the Bible.  And it was just marvellous to get inky fingers once again.  I masked off the top and bottom of the card and used an ink duster brush with Wisteria Wonder and Mint Macaron to fill in the middle.  The image was stamped over the top in Basic Black, and the greeting was added beneath.  Easy peasy and quick to replicate for a dozen.


The fronts were made from Whisper White card and then mounted on Naturals White for a lovely bit of tone on tone, and benefitting from extra stability.

I was hoping to make them all using the Inkylicious image on the left, but Mr Furry Tale said that it was a bit 'girly' for the lads, so I made some with the oak tree image.

Supplies
Stamps: Inkylicious Wild Flora, SU Lovely As A Tree, SU Petite Pairs
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Mint Macaron, Basic Black
Card: Whisper White, Naturals White

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will remember Socrates, or Socks to his friends, after whom we named the blog.  Sadly Socks died in January, but we didn't remain a feline-free house for long, adopting two little kittens to the Furry Tale clan.  Meet Wispa and Rolo!


Adopted from a local animal rescue shelter, Wispa (left) and Rolo (right) are sister and brother, and are now six months old.  Absolutely bonkers, tearing around the house looking for mischief, having fun with My Little Crafter.... they are a great addition to the house.

A quick note in case you were looking for the comments button: I have decided to disable commenting. I want to get back into blogging because I hope it will help me schedule some regular downtime for myself, but I won't have the time to craft and reply to comments.  I will feel awful if I don't reply to everyone, so it's easier just to disable the function, but rest assured, I do regularly check out what you're all up to even if I stay quiet!

Thanks for popping by and I will be back soon.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.