Tuesday 28 May 2013

1st Birthday Card

It's been a while since I've been on here with a card, so thought I'd share the card I made our nephew for his first birthday.


It uses the lovely single stamp Two by Two, which I coloured with my Stampin' Up! marker pens.  This stamp comes with a 'congratulations' sentiment underneath but I didn't ink that bit this time.  I decided to have a play with my new chevron embossing folder to make the background and it seems that I have yet another "favourite" embossing folder.  Believe it or not, I didn't emboss much before I joined SU...... now I am a firm addict!  I added a number 1 from my Timeless Type alphabet die set to finish off the card.

Supplies
Stamps: Two by Two
Ink: Basic Black, marker pens in Bashful Blue, Basic Grey, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand and blender pen
Card: Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Other: Timeless Type Junior Alphabet dies (retired), chevron embossing folder, Big Shot

I've used a couple of snippets which qualify me to go for a play in the playground... hark at me... in 'school' during the holidays...

I haven't forgotten I promised to show you some swaps. I'm scheduling some more blog posts right after this one so watch this space to see what you could do with Ferrero Rochers (apart from eat them - though not sure why anyone wouldn't want to do that?).  On the subject of food....


Thanks for stopping by!  I'm slowly catching up with everyone's blogs so I'll be popping around to yours soon!

8 comments:

  1. What an adorable card ! Nice image. Too cute ! I like !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, beautifully coloured, love the chevron embossed card Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Victoria, great image - just perfect for a first birthday card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is just lovely hun, great image and layout. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Victoria. Nice to see you in the Playground again! Wanna gentle push on the swings or shall we do the see saw?
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great frist Birthday card...great image too!

    I still smiling at the cat and the hampster!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your sweet little animal ark image. It's perfect for a little one. The chevron EF went so wonderfully well with the image too. Had a chuckle at the basting picture & can't imagine doing anything with the 'Rochers 'cept to gobble down as fast as possible. Nice to see you in the Playground. Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Victoria - what a lovely card for a little one! And the puddy tat piccie is lovely.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Have a lovely day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.