Wednesday 15 August 2012

Addicted to Stamps Theme Challenge

What stunning projects you made for our Bingo challenge last week!  This week at Addicted to Stamps, it's a theme week, and we're asking to see your cards for chaps!

I took the opportunity to play with my Open Sea set again.  I don't know what it is about this set, but I seem incapable of using any colour scheme apart from red, white and blue!


I inked up the ship using Not Quite Navy and Basic Black marker pens, stamping onto Whisper White. I cut it out in a circle shape and mounted onto Not Quite Navy and Real Red.  I added brads in the four corners for a bit of interest.  The quotation was found while smurfing the net:

"There's no thrill in easy sailing when the skies are clear and blue, there's no joy in merely doing things which any one can do.  But there is some satisfaction that is mighty sweet to take, when you reach a destination that you never thought you'd make."

I didn't add any patterned paper as I preferred to see the white base, even though there's a fair bit of layering.  A length of twine around the top and card done.

Supplies
Stamps: The Open Sea
Ink: Basic Black and Not Quite Navy marker pens
Card: Real Red, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Other: brads, Crop-a-dile, navy baker's twine, computer sentiment

Not long to go until the end of the Summer Catalogue, so if The Open Sea or anything else in there has caught your eye, you might want to think about getting your order in sooner rather than later.  (During August, you can earn the delightful Reason to Smile stamp set in wood or clear mount for absolutely FREE if your order comes to £60.)

Seeing as this post is scheduled for midnight, I thought this cat picture was particularly apt for today:


See you later sticky beaks if you want a nosey at my desk!  Thanks for visiting,


21 comments:

  1. Howdy doodie Victoria. Sorry not been commenting much, but when my dad sleeps I try and do as many challenges as I can. You have some awesome cards here too lol. Love this guy one. I am guilty of not even entered once on the ATS challenges....I will make sure I do today...love aussie annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a set I might have to get! Your red, blue and white palette is perfect with this gorgeous image. Love the added twine. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this set! You have made a striking man's card & you were right to leave it on a white background so that it highlights the beautiful sentiment & stamp. Great guy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful scene you've set. The sentiment is lovely as is your layout. I agree with your white space. It really brings out those layers and your image xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite colours ! Simple and clean card as I like ! Everything is perfect ! Congratulations !

    Hugs.
    Cath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Victoria

    a Wow of a card, stunning and so beautiful. The stamp is brilliant together with the quote. I agree white is best.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this stamp set Victoria and it looks perfect as it is - clean and simple - without any fripperies! I love the sentiment you found - so apt for this card. Just been pouring over the new autumn\winter catalogue..........yummy!

    Hugs.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - lovely clean lines and your sentiment is fab - scary cat picture though! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout and lovely card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this set Victoria and you've made a fab male card with it! Can't go wrong with red, white and blue, especially after the last two weeks!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. No other colors would do as well as red, white and blue for this card! Wonderful sentiment and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A super men's card, Victoria. I'm so glad Socks is feeling better now and thank you for visiting my blog. Hugs, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this set to bits and it goes wonderfully with that quote. And using it without red, white and blue - you've thrown down the gauntlet now! (Except that I won't get any crafting time until September...) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cat looks positively devilish !! gorgeous card Victoria that stamp is super and you have used it beautifully , the prose is perfect too another beauty from you ! Btw your desk looks super tidy you must have OCD !!!!!!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your red white and blue with this set keeps it looking fresh and vibrant. Super quote too. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hilarious, this is totally my three cats! I wake up and they are all doing this, My OH thinks I must drug them! They're just high on love. You really are addicted to stamps aren't you? This card is great too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card Victoria, love that boat stamp and the quote you've used :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A super CAS masculine card Victoria, hopefully I'll join in this week - after all it is my favourite theme (not) Lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great CAS card Victoria and fab cat photo.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful use of this ship stamp. I have this one, (think I've used it once!), but not nearly as well as you did here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Have a lovely day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.