Tuesday 24 April 2012

Mocha Morning Patchwork

Oh what beautiful papers! Mocha Morning speciality papers include sheets with metallic ink and others with black flocking... perfect for stroking!  And they are far too nice to throw away even the tiniest scrap which is why the sketch at Mojo Monday is perfect for them.

I've used two products that will be disappearing at the end of this month: the beautiful Very Vanilla Velvet Designer Ribbon (again perfect for stroking!) and the fabulous and ever so useful Postage Stamp Punch.  If you've been umming and ahing about these, the Spring Mini Catalogue ends on 30th April so do get in touch before then!  Remember too that during April you can choose a free set of patterned paper if your order comes to £45 or more - click the link in my sidebar for more details.

Here's my card; I've done something similar before but it was a much brighter version.


I punched out all the squares and adhered to Early Espresso card.  The flower was stamped in VersaMark onto a scrap of Early Espresso and then embossed in gold before being stuck to a Very Vanilla punched circle. I punched a hole in the circle with my Crop-a-dile before threading through some ribbon and tying it with linen thread.  This was all then fastened to my ivory card base.

Supplies
Stamp: Triple Treat Flower
Ink: VersaMark
Card: Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory, Very Vanilla
Paper: Mocha Morning Speciality Designer Series Paper
Other: Very Vanilla Velvet Designer Ribbon, linen thread, gold embossing powder, heat tool, postage stamp punch, Crop-a-dile

I've been tackling some awful jobs over the past few days.  You know the sort of jobs you put off for as long as you can.  Well, when we moved house we managed to unpack quite quickly but lots of empty boxes and lots of mess accumulated in the garage until it was impossible to move around in there.  Two days of hard graft and it is clean and tidy.  And I must admit I do feel rather satisfied with it.  I might make the most of this feeling and clear out my crafting corner as well as it's getting a bit messy...  I wonder if Socks will help?

Thanks for visiting today and thank you all for your lovely comments.  It's lovely to visit you back and see what you have been up to!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, yuuuuuummmmm! Definitely my kind of colours, and the flower is amazing.....simply beautiful, Victoria.....and well done for havin' a major clear-up....now come and do my garage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent Patchwork with wonderful papers ! I like your choice of colours. It's very successful ! Bravo ! What a creativity ! I like !!!

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty patchwork card Victoria, a great way to use up all those lovely scraos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Victoria! That is gorgeous! I love it. From the thumb nail it looked stitched - how effective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy card Victoria, for some reason it reminds me of a bar of chocolate hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this card. Especially the browns. Sometimes it is just a great change from all the bright colors we normally go for. The flower is awesome! Great choice to finish it off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a great challenge for scraps, wasn't it? I love how you've used your neutrals in a fun way and what an awesome flower! Good for you cleaning out the garage and making the most of that fulfilled feeling to keep going to your craft corner! Did you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These papers look fab and the postage punch has made a great effect for the patchwork. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so effective Victoria, I love it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo, love the way the postage stamp punch makes the 'spaces' look like stitching when you put all those inchies together! Fabulous card, Victoria. I love it not only as a card maker but also as a quilter. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way the postage punches look on the dark card. It looks a bit like sewing without having to thread a needle. Isn't it nice to finish a big job that you've been dreading?

    ReplyDelete
  12. these DSPs are so decadent, they are defintely my favourite set! I really like this sketch, hope I get chance to join in too!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooo I have that punch on its way.... Looks great just used to punch a fancy shape from PP too..fab geometric pattern :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Miss Victoria! I love this!! Now are you going to sue me if I use your design with different papers of course!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Have a lovely day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.