Thursday 29 March 2012

Everyday Enchantment Meets Fresh Vintage

Apologies for the lack of blogging over the past few days.  I was in hospital earlier this week for an operation and while I've managed to stay relatively on top of commenting, I haven't felt up to much crafting.  I was feeling a bit brighter yesterday evening, but sadly I woke up in the night in a lot of pain and I now have an infection developing where they operated so I'm on more tablets... it's starting to look like a chemist's at our house!  Anyway, I really wanted to take my mind off the pain this afternoon so I've been making a few cards to cheer myself up!

Sale-a-bration ends this week so if you want any of the free stamp sets (click here if you have no idea what I'm talking about!) or the designer paper I've used with this card, NOW is the time to get in touch!  I would hate for you to miss out on free goodies!  Just send me an email or give me a ring on 07977 141605 and I will make sure your order gets through to Stampin' Up! before the end of Sale-a-bration.

Right, to the card:

I have discovered a few new challenge blogs recently and one of them is Simply Stampin'.  This week they have a sketch to follow.  I don't tend to do lots of sketch challenges - something I am trying to change - but this sketch seemed really quite versatile.  I stuck with the sketch pretty much as is, although I don't have a scallop punch (yet!) so I left the bottom edge straight.


The paper from the Everyday Enchantment series was cut to size and then inked all round with Crumb Cake ink.  I stamped the bloom from Fresh Vintage and sentiment onto Whisper White card stock, adhered it, and then cut another strip of patterned paper, also inked, to divide the two stamps.  I secured Whisper White satin ribbon over the top and tied a bow.  That's pretty much all there is to this card.  Nice and simple (like me, my mother would say!)

Here's a close-up:


Supplies
Stamps: Fresh Vintage (Sale-a-bration freebie), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Real Red, Crumb Cake
Card: Whisper White
Paper: Everyday Enchantment (Sale-a-bration freebie)
Other: Whisper White 5/8" satin ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge daubers

Socks is currently snoozing in the sunshine, having had a tiring morning snoozing on our bed, followed by some noshing and some more snoozing.... it's a hard life, isn't it?


Thanks as always for visiting,

16 comments:

  1. snoozing and noshing - that's all you should be doing too - take it easy! A beautiful card, very elegant with the big bow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't my style but I am seduced ! Fabulous realization ! Very smart ! Successful vintage effect. I like ! Continue like that !!!!

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria it sounds like you should join Socks in a snooze or two - hope you are feeling better soon.
    Love your your card though - it's such lovely paper.
    Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my friend, I am so sorry that I have not been around and to find out that you have had an operation I feel terrible. I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. Hopefully the AB's will start working very soon. Looks like Socks is keeping his Mummy company bless him!!!. It is definitely not affecting your card making hun as you have made so many beautiful cards. You certainly are the Stampin Up queen!!!. Please take care of yourself Victoria ok. Big gentle hugs Clare, Bert & Simone xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sweetie.....hope you feel better very soon. I'm startin' a rumour that you've had a boob jobbie...haaaa!
    When I had my gall bladder removed, my so-called best friend told peeps that I'd gone in to have a face lift....and everyone believed her!! Charming.
    I really, really like the card.....very elegant....and love the richness of the colour.
    Wish I could have ordered summat, but things are a bit lean around here....'cept for me, that is...haaa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant. Love the white satin bow. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this gorgeous card, Victoria! How perfectly your image works with the dp. Decidedly elegant and the satin bow is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Victoria and I am glad that Socks is doing well. Now you dear heart need to really take it easy - I know how hard that is but you do not want to hurt anything. You need to heal. Hope thins get better soon.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you found our little challenge, don't worry if you dont have a scallop border punch, the great thing about sketches is you can interpret them for your own needs, yay! I love this card, the DSP mirrors the stamped image perfectly! Love your kitty too, looks just like my cat!
    Thanks for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week, hope to see you again soon!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card Victoria, I love the bright colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card Victoria! Lovely kitty too! I hope you feel much better very soon and are up to some creative therapy. Take care.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week and I really hope you'll play along with us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card Victoria and that is a fabulous bow! It's lovely to welcome someone new to our weekly challenges! Thanks for joining in with this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge, hope to see you back again soon! Kirei x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor you Victoria - as if having an operation isn't enough, to have to contend with an infection as well seems pretty unfair. I do hope you're feeling a bit better soon. What a wonderful card you've made despite it all! That beautiful Fresh Vintage flower image coordinates so well with that particular design of the papers. Hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card with great colours. Thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautifully simple!! Thanks for joining in the SSC! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Victoria. Hope you're feeling better soon
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Have a lovely day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.